TCA STUDENT OF THE YEAR CHRISTOPHER BUNTING
Chris has been active in Habitat for Humanity in both home construction and fund raising, Atlanta Food Bank, and has been a long time volunteer for TCA’s Give An Hour events. Chris recently served as vice president of Tucker High School’s Beta Club. Each year TCA honors a graduating senior from Tucker High School who has embodied the spirit of community service. The award includes a plaque and a $300 scholarship check.
DR. LOIS RICCI HONORED AS TCA 2016 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
Dr. Ricci is the chair of TCA’s Tucker Lifelong Community (TLC) Committee. TLC is a joint initiative with the Atlanta Regional Commission. The goal of the program is to help Tucker be a community where people can move to and stay in for life. Under Dr. Ricci’s guidance the program has been off to a great start! TCA appreciates all that Dr. Ricci does for our organization and the community!
WHAT IS THE TUCKER CIVIC ASSOCIATION?
Tucker Civic Association is a non-profit volunteer organization of residents and business owners located in Tucker, Georgia. We are committed to promoting a healthy, safe, and fun community for all residents –the young, the aging, and the people who care for them.
What does Tucker Civic Do?
- We preserve the small town atmosphere of Tucker and maintain the integrity of our residential areas
- We help improve commercial areas and encourage a robust local economy
- We are the “go-to” group for planning, land use, and zoning issues in the Tucker area
- We work with parks and green space initiatives
- We partner with public safety groups such as neighborhood watch programs, police officers, and fire stations
- We establish good relationships with other organizations in metro Atlanta, such as the ARC, ONE Dekalb, and others
How Can I Volunteer? The Tucker Civic Association sponsors a “Give An Hour” (GAH) volunteer project each month. The GAH program allows community members the opportunity to be involved by giving just one hour a month doing such things as helping spruce up a local park, providing items to a local food bank or showing support for our local police and fire personnel.