WHAT IS THE TUCKER CIVIC ASSOCIATION?
Tucker Civic Association is a non-profit volunteer organization of residents and business owners located in Tucker, Georgia. We are committed to promoting a healthy, safe, and fun community for all residents –the young, the aging, and the people who care for them.
What does Tucker Civic Do?
- We preserve the small town atmosphere of Tucker and maintain the integrity of our residential areas
- We help improve commercial areas and encourage a robust local economy
- We are the “go-to” group for planning, land use, and zoning issues in the Tucker area
- We work with parks and green space initiatives
- We partner with public safety groups such as neighborhood watch programs, police officers, and fire stations
- We establish good relationships with other organizations in metro Atlanta, such as the ARC, ONE Dekalb, and others
How Can I Volunteer? The Tucker Civic Association sponsors a “Give An Hour” (GAH) volunteer project each month. The GAH program allows community members the opportunity to be involved by giving just one hour a month doing such things as helping spruce up a local park, providing items to a local food bank or showing support for our local police and fire personnel.
Tucker Lifelong Community
The Tucker Lifelong Community Project is committed to creating a “home for a lifetime” by building, promoting, and expanding accessibility of service programs, diverse housing and transportation options, and encouraging healthy lifestyles for residents of all ages. The program is based on input from the community through surveys and ongoing focus groups and upcoming events.
For more information, please visit the Tucker Lifelong Community website.