TCA STUDENT OF THE YEAR CHRISTOPHER BUNTING
Chris has been active in Habitat for Humanity in both home construction and fund raising, Atlanta Food Bank, and has been a long time volunteer for TCA’s Give An Hour events. Chris recently served as vice president of Tucker High School’s Beta Club. Each year TCA honors a graduating senior from Tucker High School who has embodied the spirit of community service. The award includes a plaque and a $300 scholarship check.
DR. LOIS RICCI HONORED AS TCA 2016 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
Dr. Ricci is the chair of TCA’s Tucker Lifelong Community (TLC) Committee. TLC is a joint initiative with the Atlanta Regional Commission. The goal of the program is to help Tucker be a community where people can move to and stay in for life. Under Dr. Ricci’s guidance the program has been off to a great start! TCA appreciates all that Dr. Ricci does for our organization and the community!
MICHELLE PENKAVA, TCA CITIZEN OF THE YEAR
Michelle has donated countless hours for the betterment of the Tucker Community via her work with school PTAs, Tucker Parent Council, and Tucker 2015.
We thank you, Michelle, for your hard work, dedication, and love for the Tucker Community!
WHAT IS THE TUCKER CIVIC ASSOCIATION?
Tucker Civic Association is a non-profit volunteer organization of residents and business owners located in Tucker, Georgia. We are committed to promoting a healthy, safe, and fun community for all residents –the young, the aging, and the people who care for them.
What does Tucker Civic Do?
- We preserve the small town atmosphere of Tucker and maintain the integrity of our residential areas
- We help improve commercial areas and encourage a robust local economy
- We are the “go-to” group for planning, land use, and zoning issues in the Tucker area
- We work with parks and green space initiatives
- We partner with public safety groups such as neighborhood watch programs, police officers, and fire stations
- We establish good relationships with other organizations in metro Atlanta, such as the ARC, ONE Dekalb, and others
How Can I Volunteer? The Tucker Civic Association sponsors a “Give An Hour” (GAH) volunteer project each month. The GAH program allows community members the opportunity to be involved by giving just one hour a month doing such things as helping spruce up a local park, providing items to a local food bank or showing support for our local police and fire personnel.